Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 36



My 4th X-ray is today. I am able to drive with my unbroken arm and have no pain when I move around. My grip on my broken arm is improving and I'm less scared when I'm moving around. Ive noticed I've been bumping my arm more and more recently. Luckily there's been no pain associated with my clumsiness. I'm noticing my bicep and tricep more. And seems like they're trying to find they're place around my humerus. I remember accidentally flexing by bicep at Day 15 and noticing a shock and pain (8/10) around the region of the break. Now I can flex and feel both muscles but there's no pain. Mind you I only flex for a half second of so but I know I'm improving on a daily basis.  Leading into my 4th x-ray I was feeling really good. I stopped the Happy pills on Day 30 because the pain was bearable (on a plus side I have a 10 day supply if I ever hurt myself in the future!). So since I'm right handed I have been able to drive since I stopped the vikes-cause I didn't want a DUI (check out your pupils next time Ur on Vicodins-easy to notice the pin point pupils and cops are trained to look so be careful). So I drove to the Doc and walked in, asshole made me wait an hour and finally got in and xray'd. 



Great news is there's healing and my fracture blisters have healed so I'm on the right track. I asked him if it would be possible for me to be without sling in 20 days and he said "maybe". Well maybe your dumb dumb and not very helpful. If I wanted maybe's I’d ask my garbage man the same thing and probably get the same answer (I'm sure he knows how to access Google on his smart phone). Anyways, but the good news is I can take a break from my sling and stretch out my elbow. I am just hoping to be able to be without sling for my goal of Feb 19, 2014 (60 days after break). I don't need to lift anything I just want my arm to be beside my body and move my arm without using my right arm-is that so much to ask.  When I got home I took my sling off and jumped on my computer and using both hands now.  My own physical therapy begins today.  I am noticing that my shoulders, biceps, triceps, forearm and muscles in my hand are completely atrophied.  Typing is difficult and im noticing my fingers spasming and pressing the wrong keys every now and then but I knew that would happen but it’s just weird to actually see it in play.  


3 comments: