Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 17


So the X-ray really didn't show much. The first x-ray when I am in my sling looks good.  The break is shown and looks like everything is in place but the Scary issue is in the Second x-ray.  I had to hold my arm in a position like I was pointing my forearm toward the camera with my back/tricep against the way it shows that the bone is healing at an angle of 21 degrees but because I'm a big guy it shouldn't look so deformed.  I am never going to be the same.   




After the x-rays I told my doctor if they can change my Arm sleeve that goes beneath my brace because It smells really bad and may have gotten wet and moldy because of the two showers I’ve had.  He obliged and sent in 2 awesome nurses.  I popped a pill and they started to remove the brace and then as they were taking the sleeve off they noticed the smell.  Then they noticed that my skin was peeling off with the sleeve, a new low has been reached in my life.  They then had to cut off the remaining sleeve and I was told that before they do anything they have to get the doctor to check it out.   






So House MD comes in and tells me “Oh you got fracture blisters, we’ll put some betadyne on it and it’ll fix it up” like its not a big deal.  Geez Louise man.  So your telling me I was smelling my own rotting necrotic tissue!?! He nods and the nurses get to cleaning the wound and rubbing off the sloughed skin.  He then put 5-4x4 patches of Betadyne all over my left arm, wrapped it with some gauze and then put a new sleeve on.  He says ill have to continue to do this for 2 weeks and it should be back to the disabled norm that I have been accustomed.  Thanks for telling me ahead of time that this could possibly happen you son of a biznatch.  The good news is I don’t smell bad anymore the bad news is I have to change my bandages every few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment